When should I license my dog and where do I go to do it?
All dogs over four months of age must be licensed with the City of La Mesa. It is a fairly simple process that keeps you in compliance with the law. Just take your dog to any licensed veterinarian for a rabies shot. Take the proof of rabies vaccination to La Mesa City Hall to purchase your license. License prices vary by the length of time you wish to license your dog and whether the dog is spayed or neutered. Failure to comply with the law could result in a citation to appear in court.

Show All Answers

1. When should I license my dog and where do I go to do it?
2. Does my dog need to be on a leash when we go for a walk?
3. My neighbor never picks up after his dog, isn't he supposed to remove the dog's leavings?
4. I have a stray cat in my neighborhood, what can I do?
5. I can't find my pet! Where do I look for it?
6. I saw an opossum in my yard. Is this normal?
7. Is it illegal to leave my pet in my car when I go shopping?
8. What is animal cruelty?
9. How many dogs are allowable to live in one household?
10. What is a vicious dog and what is the process for handling a vicious dog?