Report a Concern

Use the links below to report a problem, concern, or unsafe condition.

Should a problem require urgent attention, please call us immediately. For a police emergency, dial 9-1-1. Otherwise, call 619.463.6611 or visit our Staff Directory for a complete listing of departments. 

Report a problem or concern about...
Report a NON-EMERGENCY concern to the...
a barking dogFire Department
an unlicensed businessPolice Department
code compliance
Planning Department
pothole, sidewalk repair, traffic calming,
and other maintenance requests

Public Works Department

California Department of Transportation (Caltrans)


SeeClickFix is an application that allows City of La Mesa citizens to report non-emergency related issues to the city. SeeClickFix can be used via the Web on a desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, or tablet.

By using SeeClickFix, you can submit an issue and track its progress from submission to completion. Issues are brought directly into the city’s work management system where they can be forwarded on to the responsible city staff member. We encourage users to create a single sign-in from any of the applications below that can be used across all applications.

Sewer Back-up, Overflow or Odor

If you are experiencing a sewer odor, back-up or overflow immediately call Public Works at 619.667.1450. Our normal business hours are Monday - Thursday 6:00 am to 3:30 pm and alternate Fridays 6:00 am to 2:30 pm. If calling during non-working hours please call the Police Department non-emergency number at 619.667.1400. The Duty Supervisor will be dispatched immediately to respond to your concern.